Comments, compliments and complaints
We want to make sure that you receive consistently good customer service when you contact us.
Our customer promise leaflet will explain what you can expect from us.
Alternatively you can make a comment, compliment or complaint by:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone us on 0300 1234 161
- write to Cornwall Housing Ltd, Chy Trevail, Beacon Technology Park, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2FR.
Would you like to pay us a compliment?
A compliment would be praise from you as a customer for a service delivered by us or by someone acting on our behalf.
Do you have a comment for us?
A comment could be constructive feedback you have about a service delivered by us, or by someone acting on our behalf.
Do you have a complaint that you want to make?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with a service or how we have dealt with something. Please take a look at our Customer Feedback and Complaints Policy. Our aim is to settle your complaint quickly and informally. You will not receive any unfavourable treatment as a result of making a complaint.
How we deal with complaints
We aim to resolve your complaint straight away. If this is not possible your complaint will be referred for investigation under a formal two step process.
- Your complaint will be investigated by the relevant manager.
- We aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days.
- Before sending our step 1 response to you, we may contact you to ensure we have answered all your questions. Where appropriate, we may change our proposed response if we have failed to answer all your concerns. By doing this, we are aiming to resolve your complaint at the earliest possible stage.
Tenants appeal panel for tenants and recent former tenants
- If you think that the response at Step 1 has not addressed your complaint. The next step will be a review by our tenant’s appeal panel. The panel consists of tenant representatives, and tenant board members.
- You need to request an appeal panel hearing. Please write to us within 20 working days of your step 1 response.
If you are not a tenant or former tenant, you have the right to send an appeal to the Local Government Ombudsman
Local Government Ombudsman and Housing Ombudsman Service
You can make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman or the Housing Ombudsman Service at any time.
If your complaint goes through all the formal steps and you believe it is still not resolved you can go to the Ombudsmen. The Ombudsmen are independent of Cornwall Housing and Cornwall Council.
In most cases, Cornwall Housing must have had the opportunity to respond to the complaint before the Ombudsmen will consider it.
- The Local Government Ombudsman is the final stage for complaint about Councils.
- The Housing Ombudsman helps tenants and landlords resolve complaints.
More information about the Local Government Ombudsman can be found on their website. Or you can write or phone:
Harbour Exchange Square
Telephone: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)
If English is not your first language and would prefer this information in an alternative method. Please see our Accessible Information.
Where appropriate we will consider compensation in relation to your complaint. In these instances we have a Compensation Policy which explains how we calculate compensation.
The information you provide on this form will be used to provide you with an answer to your feedback regarding Cornwall Housing.
We will only use this information in conjunction with the nature of your enquiry. This may include checks with the Housing Options Department or Cornwall Home choice to find out details relating to your enquiry or verify information you have provided to us. We may also share your information with the Council to verify any information provided by you.
We will retain your details for 2 years from the date your enquiry is received. All personal information held by Cornwall Housing is held safely in a secure environment.
You may also be interested in:
- How we are doing - Annual report
- Our Vision, Aims and Objectives
- National Federation of ALMO’s
- Business Plan
- Meet our leadership team
- Our Board
- Careers with Cornwall Housing
- Comments, compliments and complaints
- Freedom of Information
- Gender gap report
- Gypsy and Travellers
- Our policies
- Company details
- People matters
- Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
- Corserv group of companies