Debt Advice and Money Management
Here are some organisations which may be able to help you:
There is lots of free advice on managing your debts. You do not need to pay for debt advice.
- Stepchange Debt Advice - 0800 138 1111
- The Money Advice Service - 0300 500 5000
- The National Debt Line - 0808 808 4000
- Money Saving Expert - MSE, The Money Saving Expert site provides impartial financial advice
- Citizens Advice - 03444 111 444
- Christians Against Poverty
Utility Bill Assistance:
- South West Water can reduce your water and sewerage charges, if you meet certain conditions. Please contact Southwest Water
- Citizens Advice - Help to pay energy bills.
- Winter Fuel Payment - If you were born on or before 5 August 1953 you could get help to pay your heating bills.
- Cold weather payments - You may be entitled to a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits.
- Warm Home Scheme - You could get money off your electricity bill under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
- The British Gas Energy Trust, which incorporates the Scottish Gas Energy Trust, is an independent Charitable Trust to help with the relief of poverty (with a particular focus on fuel poverty).
The EDF Energy Trust awards grants to individuals and families to:
- Clear domestic gas and electricity debts owed to EDF Energy.
- Purchase essential energy efficient household items, e.g. washing machines, cookers.
- The EON Energy Fund has been set up to help the most vulnerable customers of any energy company who are struggling to pay their bills.
- NPower Energy Fund - For domestic customers of npower who are experiencing hardship and struggling to pay their gas and electricity bills.
- ScottishPower debt, you could qualify for help from the ScottishPower Hardship Fund.
- OVO energy - Please see the website for information and advice.
It maybe that you don’t have debts, but you are spending out too much money on food, bills or non-essential items.
For useful tips on budgeting and budgeting planners please click on the links below:
You may also be interested in:
- How we are doing - Annual report
- Our Vision, Aims and Objectives
- National Federation of ALMO’s
- Meet our leadership team
- Our Board
- Careers with Cornwall Housing
- Comments, compliments and complaints
- Freedom of Information
- Gypsy and Travellers
- Our policies
- Company details
- People matters
- Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
- Corserv group of companies
- We are making improvements to provide a better service