Homechoice Housing Register
Homechoice has changed
Important information for logging into the new Cornwall Homechoice website for the first time.
- You will need an email address to use the new Homechoice website
- Once you have set up your user account, you must verify your details by clicking the link that goes to your email. If you do not, when you next try to log in, your details will not work
- Current Homechoice applicants, do not worry about the green box you will see asking for further ID. Your application will not be cancelled
Please read the short Easy Guide for step-by-step help in setting up a new user account and logging in for the first time.
You can see more about what has changed on our Homechoice has changed page.
Bidding starts on Thursday and closes midnight on Monday.
Homechoice applications are currently being processed within 28 days of receipt of all supporting information.
If you're a current Homechoice applicant you don't have to set up a completely new housing application. You only need to set up a user account on the new website to be able to access your current Homechoice application and bid on properties.
Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm if you need to call us about Cornwall Homechoice.
Are you looking to move house and you currently claim benefits?
In Cornwall we are now a full service Universal Credit area which means that for most working age people any new claims for benefit to help with rent costs will now be a claim for Universal Credit (UC).
If you are of working age and are moving to Cornwall from out of the area you will need to make a new claim for Universal credit to get any help with housing costs to pay your rent.
With Universal credit any help with housing costs is paid direct to you and you will be responsible for paying your rent.
More information and help is available on our 'Moving House' page.
- Homechoice has changed
- Easy guide booklet for current applicants and using the new Homechoice website
- The new allocation rules in detail: Cornwall Council Allocation Scheme
- Summary of the allocation changes compared to the previous rules
- A full copy of the Cornwall Council’s Allocation Policy (Allocation of affordable homes)
- Cornwall Homechoice Policy (The Council’s Policy for the Allocation of Council Properties and Nominations to Registered Social Landlords)
Homechoice is the choice based system for letting council and housing association homes to rent in Cornwall. Partner landlords advertise their vacant properties on the Homechoice website and in newsletters available in the Councils’ One Stop Shops and libraries.
How Homechoice works
When you register with Cornwall Homechoice, we will assess your housing need and give you details of your priority banding, your eligible date, and the type and size of property you can apply for.
Is Homechoice right for me?
Applicants in the most urgent need for housing have the best chance of bidding successfully for social housing.
To find out more about Cornwall Homechoice, download our Cornwall Homechoice Policy on the Council Allocation Scheme page.
Current partners who advertise their vacancies on Homechoice are listed below.
Our partner organisations each have an allocations policy that they adhere to. For more information please contact our Homechoice partner directly.