Homechoice Housing Register

In accordance with the latest Public Health England guidelines, to safeguard staff the Homechoice team will be operating under reduced capacity during this period and dealing with emergency queries only.

Please bear with us during this difficult time. If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness please call our Prevention and Engagement Team on 0300 1234 161.

Important information for logging into the Cornwall Homechoice website for the first time

  • You will need an email address to use the Homechoice website
  • Once you have set up your user account, you must verify your details by clicking the link that goes to your email. If you do not, when you next try to log in, your details will not work

Please read the short Easy Guide for step-by-step help in setting up a new user account and logging in for the first time.

Visit the Cornwall Homechoice website

Bidding starts on Thursday and closes midnight on Monday. Please see the bidding guide. Homechoice applications are currently being processed within 28 days of receipt of all supporting information.

You can submit questions about Homechoice by using our enquiry form or email: info@cornwallhousing.org.uk. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm if you need to call us about Cornwall Homechoice.

About Homechoice

Homechoice is the choice based system for letting council and housing association homes to rent in Cornwall. Partner landlords advertise their vacant properties on the Homechoice website and in newsletters available in the Councils’ Information Services (formerly One Stop Shops) and libraries.

How Homechoice works

When you register with Cornwall Homechoice, we will assess your housing need and give you details of your priority banding, your eligible date, and the type and size of property you can apply for. You will then be able to place bid on suitable properties. Please take a look at our instruction videos on using Homechoice.

Is Homechoice right for me?

Applicants in the most urgent need for housing have the best chance of bidding successfully for social housing. 

Are you looking to move house and you currently claim benefits?

In Cornwall we are now a full service Universal Credit area which means that for most working age people any new claims for benefit to help with rent costs will now be a claim for Universal Credit (UC).

If you are of working age and are moving to Cornwall from out of the area you will need to make a new claim for Universal credit to get any help with housing costs to pay your rent.

With Universal credit any help with housing costs is paid direct to you and you will be responsible for paying your rent.

More information and help is available on our 'Moving House' page.

Application form in other languages

Further information

Partners who advertise their vacancies on Homechoice are listed below.

Our partner organisations each have an allocations policy that they adhere to. For more information please contact our Homechoice partner directly.

NPSS Silver Icon