Homechoice has changed
Important facts you need to know:
- You will need an email address to use the new Homechoice website
- Once you have set up your user account, you must verify your details by clicking the link that goes to your email. If you do not, when you next try to log in, your details will not work
- Current Homechoice applicants, do not worry about the green box you will see asking for further ID. Your application will not be cancelled
Quick easy guides
Setting up a new user: please read the short new user easy guide for step-by-step help in setting up a new user account and logging in for the first time.
Placing a bid: please read the bidding guide for help in placing a bid.
The short video below gives more information on the changes to Homechoice:
New allocation rules
Cornwall Council's Allocations Policy sets out who qualifies for an offer of a property from those that are owned by the Council and from those that other providers own but the Council have nominations rights to. The Allocations Policy helps to determine what banding an application should have.
- Read about the new allocation rules in more detail: Cornwall Council's Allocation Scheme.
- Frequently asked questions provided by Cornwall Council about the new allocation rules and banding: Allocation Policy FAQ
- Summary of the changes compared to the previous allocations policy in plain English: Summary of policy changes
If you have any questions about Homechoice, please use the form below.
Data Protection statement: The information you provide on this form will be held by Cornwall Housing safely in a secure environment. Your information will not be used for any other purpose by Cornwall Housing, and will not be passed onto any other third party. In accordance with Cornwall Council’s Record Retention Policy, the information you provide on this form will be retained for 6 months.