Emergency and temporary accommodation

If we cannot help you prevent becoming homeless, the Council may provide temporary accommodation for some households until they find alternative accommodation. This could, in emergencies, be bed and breakfast accommodation, or a property leased from a private landlord by the Council or a Housing Association, or it could be supported accommodation, reserved for use by homeless families a homeless hostel. The type depends on demand at the time of homelessness, and where there is a vacancy.

It is important to understand that being provided with temporary accommodation by the Council is not a guarantee that permanent Council or Housing Association accommodation will be offered. You are expected to look for your own accommodation, as well as registering on the list for social housing.  We may offer you accommodation in the private rented sector via our Cornwall Housing Private Lets Team.

NPSS Silver Icon