Help and information if you are rough sleeping in Cornwall
There a range of services across Cornwall for people who are rough sleeping or at risk of sleeping rough. Working closely together these services are provided by a range of organisations such as Cornwall Housing Limited, St Petroc’s Society, Coastline Housing and Shelter.
Please take a look at the Cornwall Council Homeless Reduction Strategy web page.
The services commissioned by Cornwall Council or funded by the Devon & Cornwall Rough Sleeper Partnership can provide assistance with:
- Help into emergency accommodation.
- Help into hostel accommodation / private rented housing /supported housing.
- Help with ID and benefits.
- Information and advice about support services.
- Assistance with linking in with health services.
- Access to individual budgets to assist your move away from the streets.
- Reconnection back to an area where you may have support networks / accommodation.
On this page:
- If you are sleeping rough now or likely to be in the near future.
- If you are a professional who has a person using your service who is sleeping rough now or likely to be in the near future.
If you are sleeping rough now or likely to be in the near future you can contact:
Cornwall Housing Options Team for housing advice and assistance.
Tel:0300 1234 161
Open: 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday. There is an Out of Hours Service available.
Addaction’s ‘Street outreach response team’, Helpline for advice and information. You can use the number below to contact the Outreach team for enquiries, support, or to report somebody that you believe to be rough sleeping:
Tel: 07870 364989
If you are a professional who has a person using your service who is sleeping rough now or likely to be in the near future you can make a referral to:
Cornwall Housing Options Team
Tel: 0300 1234 161
Addaction’s street outreach response team:
If possible you should complete the ‘single referral form’ with your client and return to the email address shown below.
If you are a member of the public and are concerned about someone sleeping rough:
If you would like to report a rough sleeper in your community please contact the 24 Hour Rough Sleeper Referral Line by calling 0300 500 0914 or visiting the Streetlink website.
Tel: 0300 500 0914
web site: streetlink.org.uk
Addaction’s street outreach response team will endeavour to verify enquiries within 24 hours of receiving a report. Once verified, we will carry out an assessment with the client to identify their needs and support them into accommodation, or if they don't have a local connection to Cornwall, to work with them to return to where they have family and support.
Concerned about someone sleeping rough? The Streetlink leaflet explains how to report your concerns.