Cornwall Housing and Cornwall Council are involved with and have a wide range of responsibilities for housing. This section of the website covers a variety of areas relating to housing with a number of quick links to information, websites, leaflets and downloads to help you find the information you need quickly.
We have made a short video about our service.
Please see the video case studies for more downloads.
Strategies and policies
The Housing Options Directorate has a number of policies explaining what our priorities are and our stance on key issues. In addition, we have a number of strategies which outline how we plan to put these policies into practice. Below is a list of policies and strategies currently used by the Housing Options Directorate.
- Cornwall Council’s Allocation Policy
- Homelessness Strategy
- Rent Collection and Arrears Recovery
- Discretionary housing payments
Discretionary housing payments are for people who are receiving housing benefit payments that are less than their rent payments
- Exceptional Relief
If you’re of working age, receive council tax support and are having exceptional difficulty paying your council tax
- Crisis and Care
Crisis awards are for those in emergency or disaster situations to help them and their families with immediate needs.
You may also be interested in:
- Your next step
- Your housing options
- The Housing Options Service
- Nos-Da Kernow
- Finding accommodation
- Young people
- Having problems with your tenancy
- Financial difficulties
- Ex Armed Forces
- Hospital discharge
- Non-violent relationship breakdown
- Older people
- Homeless following release from prison
- Rough Sleeping
- Advice for single people
- Homelessness reviews
- Domestic violence and abuse within the home
- Homechoice Housing Register
- Private renting
- Quick links
- New homes to rent
- Shared ownership information
- Information for Private Landlords
- Accepted homeless and Move on