Home contents insurance

Broken flower pots

Many council tenants mistakenly believe that their furniture, personal belongings and decorations are automatically insured against theft or damage from fire and burst pipes. Unfortunately this is not the case.

We strongly advise all tenants to take out household contents insurance in some form. As a tenant you are entitled to insure the contents of your council property with an insurance company of your choice.

Cornwall Housing can help our tenants and residents obtain contents insurance for the home easily and at a price that is affordable.  While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

Crystal Insurance logo

With a special scheme called Crystal arranged in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks and Cornwall Housing tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.

For more information on the cover, details of how to apply or to register your interest, visit the Crystal Insurance Scheme website.