Switch energy supplier for a better deal
The priority service register is a scheme run by energy suppliers which offers extra services to vulnerable customers. This includes people of pensionable age, those who are registered disabled, those with visual or hearing impairment and those who suffer from long term ill health. All energy companies including suppliers and distribution network companies are obliged to keep a PSR of customers who may have additional needs in relation to energy and are offered a number of free services aimed at helping to meet those needs.
These services can include:
- Sending you bills and meter readings in Braille, large type or audio tape
- Arranging for your bills to be copied or sent to someone else, for example a relative or carer who can read them and deal with them for you
- Moving your meter to make it easier to access
- Providing controls or adaptors to make your meter or appliances easier to use
- Free quarterly meter readings if you can’t read the meter yourself
- Priority reconnection if your supply is disrupted and notice if they are planning to stop you supply
- Protection from bogus callers by using a password scheme
- Provided alternatives means for cooking and heating if you supply is disrupted
- Free information about the services available to you due to your circumstances
In order to receive these benefits you need to register with this service with your energy supplier. If you have a different supplier for gas and electricity you will need to register with both.
The service is free and designed to help you out so contact your energy supplier today to sign up.
If you switch supplier you will need to register again as the service may not automatically transfer to your new supplier.
For further advice call Cornwall Housing on 0300 1234 161 and ask to speak to an Energy Advisor
You may also be interested in:
- About your tenancy
- Anti-social behaviour
- Buying or swapping your home
- Cornwall Housing News
- Energy advice
- Fire safety
- Home contents insurance
- Home improvements
- Paying your rent
- Renting a garage
- Repairs and maintenance
- Resident Involvement
- Shared Ownership
- Universal Credit
- Warm Home Discount
- Welfare Reform information