Renting a garage
All new tenancies will be arranged in accordance with current Covid-19 guidelines. Please note that the number of garages advertised will be limited to ensure compliance to Covid-19 restrictions and quality of service.
Am I eligible?
- Garages are available to rent to both non council tenants and council tenants
- If you are a tenant with arrears you will not be considered eligible for garage rental
We reserve the right to refuse applications if you do not live locally to the garage location
|Weekly rent is:||Monthly rent is:|
Applicants must pay the rent monthly by direct debit, with one month’s rent in advance when you get the keys. Applicants are required to provide the following information at the sign up appointment:
- proof of ID and proof of address (utility bills, bank statements and tenancy agreements will be acceptable),
- bank details for direct debit mandate
- monthly payment (shown above) in cash or cheque, made payable to Cornwall Council for the first month’s rent.
These are the garages currently available:
The area tabs below list our available garages, if you are interested in renting a garage, please contact the Customer Services on 0300 1234 161.
List updated 11/10/2021
We are experiencing a high level of demand for garages, causing significant call waiting times. In addition, the process is taking longer because we are unable to meet applicants in person.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Please note that it could take up to 4 weeks from application to getting the garage tenancy.
1 Clease Meadows
5 Queens Park
6 Queens Park
How to cancel your garage rental
If you wish to cancel your garage rental, please give one week's written notice.
Note: The notice period will start from a Monday and the tenancy will remain open until the garage keys are handed back in.
You may also be interested in:
- About your tenancy
- Buying or swapping your home
- Cornwall Housing News
- Coronavirus information
- Energy advice
- Fire safety
- Home contents insurance
- Home improvements
- Making Homes Safer
- Paying your rent
- Renting a garage
- Repairs and maintenance
- Resident Involvement
- Shared Ownership
- Universal Credit
- Warm Home Discount
- Welfare Reform information
- We are making improvements to provide a better service
- Whole house retrofit