Improving repairs and maintenance
We will always do everything we can to keep you safe and well in your home.
Emergency repairs are always responded to. And we are developing a programme to get through the backlog of non-urgent repairs and inspections that working in Covid-19 restrictions has caused.
You told us that reliable and timely repairs and maintenance in your home is important.
Plus, it’s clear that we have not been working to the standards expected of us. So we’re planning on making some changes to improve our performance. One change will be a new company called Corserv Facilities that will carry out repairs and maintenance to your home. The way you report a repair and contact us won’t change, and there won’t be any interruption to services. You can continue to contact Cornwall Housing for all your housing service needs.
Thank you for your help
When we first told you about this change last year, more than 400 of you took the time to give us feedback. Thank you. We’ve used what you told us when shaping how the service will run.
View a summary of your feedback.
A better service
Some key things to know about the new company are:
- Corserv Facilities will work in partnership with Cornwall Housing.
- They plan to employ up to 127 additional team members over the next four years to help deliver more services to Cornwall Housing
- Corserv Facilities will be making added investment in key areas such as technology, staff training and apprentices. We know from feedback the new technology and processes are already working well.
- All set up costs will be met by the new company. There will be no cost to Cornwall Housing or its residents and your rent will not increase because of this.
- This change means we have flexibility, freedom and opportunities to improve. That means a more efficient and better service for you.
- We have been meeting regularly with tenants and the wider tenant forum, to make sure that your views are shared while we make this change.
We’d like to hear what you think about this proposal to move the repairs and maintenance service to a new company. Please give your feedback, or share your thoughts, concerns, questions or comments by getting in touch by 14 June 2021.
You can complete the form below to share your feedback:
We will only use this information in conjunction with the nature of your enquiry. We will retain your details for 12 months from the date your enquiry is received. All personal information held by Cornwall Council is held safely in a secure environment.
Once we have all your feedback and thoughts about the change, we will review this with the Tenant working group to make sure your views are considered when setting up the new company. We will also look at what should be included in the management agreement.