Paying your rent
It is important that you pay your rent on time.
If you do not pay your rent in line with your tenancy conditions you are at risk of losing your home.
Support for Cornwall Council Tenants affected by the Covid-19
Tenants of Cornwall Council, Cornwall Housing and garages rentals can pay their rent in the following ways:
- Pay online using the Council 'Pay it' page. Select 'Housing rent' from the list
- Direct debit - Direct debit is the easiest way to pay your rent. Simply complete and return a direct debit mandate form and we will do the rest. If you want to discuss this option in more detail, please contact one of our team members using the contacts details shown on this page.
- allpay Payment - a payment method and app which allows you to pay your rent anytime, anywhere.
- Post Office - pay your rent at any post office in the country with your rent payment card. Find your nearest office in our booklet - Where to pay your rent.
- PayPoint - you can use your payment card at any shop displaying the PayPoint logo. Find your nearest shop in our booklet - Where to pay your rent.
- By phone - call 0300 1234 200 - 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week using your debit or credit card. Please have your 11 digit account reference to hand when using this method. This is the number that appears on the bottom left of your rent payment card, on your tenancy agreement and on your annual rent increase notification.
Struggling to pay?
You may also be interested in:
- About your tenancy
- Buying or swapping your home
- Cornwall Housing News
- Coronavirus information
- Energy advice
- Fire safety
- Home contents insurance
- Home improvements
- Making Homes Safer
- Paying your rent
- Renting a garage
- Repairs and maintenance
- Resident Involvement
- Shared Ownership
- Universal Credit
- Warm Home Discount
- Welfare Reform information
- Whole house retrofit
- We are making improvements to provide a better service