Leaseholder repairs

Repairs and maintenance information for Cornwall Council leaseholders

Leasehold ownership of a flat or maisonette relates to everything within the four walls including floorboards and plaster to the walls or ceilings but does not usually include the external or structural walls. The structure of the building your flat or maisonette is situated in and the land it stands on belongs to us (Cornwall Council).

We are responsible for:

Communal areas

  • communal staircases or corridors
  • lifts
  • communal gardens and pathways

Structural and exterior repairs

  • foundations to the building
  • external walls
  • roof
  • window frames
  • external doors and frames
  • service pipes and ducts

The leaseholder will contribute to the costs of this work.

The leaseholder is responsible for:

  • the floor surface including floorboards within the dwelling
  • wall plaster and plasterboards
  • ceiling plaster and plasterboards
  • glass to windows within the dwelling
  • internal non-structural walls
  • plumbing and wiring within the dwelling